Chocolate and banana. Sounds doable, right? But mushrooms? I know, I know—sounds disgusting, but it’s not. Trust me on this one. This chocolate-banana mushroom smoothie is not only healthy, but it’s sure to cure all chocolate cravings right on the spot.
It’s filled with antioxidants and immune supportive fungi so it’s nourishing for your body. You can enjoy it for breakfast or as a mid-day snack (or both!). You can even drizzle it over ice cream, cake, or anything else that could use a yummy chocolate syrup topping!
You and your kids will love this chocolate-banana mushroom smoothie. Even Uriah, my kid who is not a fan of chocolate, likes it!
Chocolate-Banana Mushroom Smoothie
- 2 medium-sized bananas (one fresh, one frozen)
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 2 pitted dates
- 1-2 tablespoons of cacao powder (great for antioxidant and immune support)
- 1 tablespoon of a powdered mushroom mix (hello… more immune support)
- 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder mix
- Put all ingredients into your blender (I use a Vitamix) and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a glass jar and enjoy!